Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Obuse, the annual mountain getaway


I ran the Obuse half marathon with tonsillitis, which was slow, but a great time was had by all. My time was 1:37:49, over 3 minutes slower than last year. My previous three times were 1:34, 1:36, 1:38, so I wasn't too slow. 

My average pace was 4:41 per kilometer. I guess I started out a little too quick at 4:30 pace for the first 5k, running with Terry and Bob. I slowed and ran about 4:50 pace for most of the remaining way.

By luck Megumi picked up an extra number from Geraldine so we both were able to run it. She had to start in one of the back corrals so we couldn't pace each other unfortunately. 

We drove to Nozawa Onsen for another extra day in the mountains which was nice too. Domo Mami and Gary.  


Many thanks to Chika-sama! Again she arranged our trip and stay perfectly. And she ran faster, 1:35:51, 2nd in her age group!





No comments: