Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fuji Susosososonononono 1/2 marathon taikai


A hot and hilly scenic detox pressure cooker. That is how I would describe Fuji Susono 1/2 marathon in 10 words or less. I know this has been well said, but those first 5k were tougher than nails.







My time was very slow, a personal worst (PW) since 2002 when I started running with nanban rengo. But it was a decent detox workout as I sweated profusively for 100 minutes at high altitude, and a nice warm-up for my first triathlon of the tri season next weekend in Nijima.















My time was 1:40:54, about 6 minutes off my goal.



69th place out of 350 in my age group.



It did feel satisfying to pass many runners on the last 5k as I was able to use my long strides to my advantage down the last stretch.




Splits were:


5k: 26:23


10K: 23:09


15K: 24:26


20K: 22:31


1.1K: 4:23


A huge ooohhtsukare to Jay for his efforts to organize and direct the barbarian horde to victory. Chiba san and Yuka chan also deserve thanks for their constant support.












A big danka to Joachim and Christiana for the swell fotos and pleasant ride down from their home in Kamakura on Saturday.





Megumi finished the race without problems (buji ni kansou shita), which was yokatta give her bad fever/flu over the past week. Meg came in at around 1:51, not bad at all give the heat, hills, and fever.




These photos are of various shots from the beer halls and blueberry lodge scenary. The beer was a delicious microbrew which we couldn't abstain from the night before the race. Nonetheless, it was so smooth that I suffered little hangover, and soon sweated all poisons out of my system during the first 5k climb.
















No comments: